Google
 

Monday, October 1, 2007

Formation with(out) restrictions

The time has come to talk about custom formations in FIFA 2008. As we know, the creators bring us a new feature this year - we can design our own formation of the team. Here I've got three my first formations which are made of a half of curiosity, a quarter of experience and a quarter of humor.



You can edit the existing traditional formations and contemplate how to fit your own design of the eleven to your team strategy and players' skills. However, while playing with my created formations I discovered some disadvantages. First of all, the players don't cover the square as efficient as while playing with classical formations (let it be 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2, etc.). Perhaps I should experiment more with the possibilities of this feature.

On the other hand, I discovered some restrictions of the game itself. For example, I couldn't place more than 7 defenders in one formation.


One could think it had happened because of the requirement to have at least one player at each line. But my further experiment had broken this theory. No forwards, as you see:





No comments: